I was asked from a manufacturing company to redesign only the user interface of their online physical key catalogue. The aim is to bring all current catalogues together where people can easily find keys for vehicles and buildings.
Because of the global scale and risks, I recommended a research to address the right user needs and to enlarge the business opportunies. They accepted.
What I did
Finding the right problem
Thanks to the mediation of the company, I already knew which people to interview. So I designed an informal contextual interview protocol, I collected all recording and notes and then finalized in a report.
Solving the right problem
All findings were collected in a priority list which has strongly informed my design decisions for the wireframe and invision prototype and the rest of the team, including the marketing manager, the art director and the developer.
Commercial case study
The process worked very well within the company. They made a commercial case study out of it, investing more money.
Increased customer efficiency and reduced company cost
After some usability testing, now customers can find the right key way more efficiently and effectly, therefore customer care don’t need to waste much time anymore.
Customers were very satisfied to be listened from us, telling their stories and pain points.
This market is not easy to innovate and at the moment there is no competing company in the world with such a sophisticated user centered design process and final output.
The product is intended for people involved in key duplication and they can be specialists or generalists, experienced or relatively new to the field. Searching the key is the first step to accomplish the job, right and quicky. *Moments 2 and 3 include plenty of activities on-stage and back-stage.
Together with a Service designer I run generative and evaluative interviews with employees usually involved with final customers. Findings have been collected in two report formats: very short and detailed.
Wireframing & Prototyping
I delivered a high fidelity wireframe done in Sketch with all templates and screen size adaptions. I did an invision prototype for the rest of the team and users.